It's time for another challenge over at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog. This month we have an inspiration photo. We ask that you take some type of inspiration from the Inspiration Photo like the colors, shapes, textures, etc... and create a mixed media project.
Our guest designer is the amazing Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. Be sure to head on over to the MMMC Blog and check out the awesome art journal spread she made using our photo as her inspiration.
And our sponsor this month is Angela Magnuson, owner of Unity Stamp Company. Angela is a teacher at the new Brave Girls University and she is giving our lucky random winner a one month subscription to Brave Girls University!!!!!
For my project this month I was inspired by the colors and circles in the photo. I made an art journal page featuring the word "enjoy." If you look closely at the inspiration photo the bench on the bottom of the photo says "Enjoy!"
Here's how I did it.
1. I started with a page that had some random paint on it.
2. I covered it with Tim Holtz Newsprint Tissue paper and Decoupage.
4. After it dried, I used some yellow paint with a Crafter's Workshop Stencil.
5. Then I added some red paint circles with a stencil and I stamped with a light blue paint using a Dina Wakley round stamp.
6. Then I added some smaller blue circles using a Dina Wakley stencil and some greenish/yellow circles using a lid.
7. After adding the yellow/green circles, I thought they looked too much like the first small circles from my step, so I colored over the yellow with a green Stamper's Big Brush Pen.
8. Next, I added some paint to some Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Glass Bead Glitter Gel. But, I wasn't ready to use it yet, so I put it in a little container.
9. Finally, I covered some chipboard letters with the Glass Bead Glitter and adhered the letters to the journal page.
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to visit and leave comments on all our designer's projects. We LOVE hearing from you!!