Today I'm excited to announce that I am the newest member of the DecoArt Blogger Outreach Program. I've been using a lot of DecoArt products lately and I really love them. You can find their products at stores like Michaels, Joann's and Hobby Lobby under the name Americana and you can order any of their products including their awesome new Media line created by Andy Skinner from their Web site at www.decoart.com
Today I'm showing you how to make this cute little Scotie canvas. It's a fun and easy project that I made using a small canvas, a stencil and lots of DecoArt products. A couple of months ago I picked up a pack of animal stencils at Michaels. I knew I would use them sometime, but I wasn't sure how. Then, I found some small 4x4 canvases in my stash and thought they would fit on them perfectly.
Here are the items you need to create the Scottie Canvas:
- DecoArt Media Gesso
- DecoArt Media Matte Medium
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint - Citron Green
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic - Carbon Black
- 4x4 Canvas
- Paper Animal Stencil
- Stencil Brush
- Paint Brush
1. First, I painted the canvas with a coat of Gesso and let it dry.
2. Then, I painted the canvas with the Citron Green paint (2 coats)
3. I attached the stencil to the canvas with Washi Tape.
4. Then, I used the stencil brush to add the black paint through the stencil.
5. Finally, I added a coat of DecoArt Matte Medium to seal the canvas
I had so much fun making the Scottie, I wanted to try a few more.
I made the Rooster Canvas using American Razzle Berry and Buttermilk paints.
Then, I made the Swan Canvas using Americana Carousel Pink and Cool White Paints.